Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good day!
I shared this photo (below) over on my instagram page, I thought I would share it here on my blog and also working progress-how it came together.
So here is the finally piece. I spent quite a long time working on it and also waiting for it to dry.
I started off by stamping the large floral image from Wplus9 Kind Soul set on a piece of watercolour paper using Distress Ink in Old Paper, I chose this colour because it’s very light, perfect for no-line colouring.
I used Gansai Tambi watercolour paint as my media and a no.2 round brush. I wanted to create different depths and shades, so I used hardly any paint (mainly red) as my base colour. And I coloured different sections each time, to allow the previous petel to dry properly.
Watercolour always drys 2 or 3 shades lighter, so I went back and forth a few times to add depths. I also brought in dark brown and purple to add shading. I’m not an expert on watercolour, but I watched Dawn’s YouTube tutorial on this particular stamp and it’s really helpful!
Anyways, I could have added more colours, but I know myself-hard to stop, and always overdo something. So I decided to leave it as is.
I like the result, obviously I need more practice to get better at it. This is a new technique for me, and I enjoyed the process.
If you haven’t tried watercolouring or no-line colouring before, I encourage you to do so as it’s so fun.
Thanks for dropping by, hopefully I will see you soon with another project!